Company & Position Overview:
Lowe Consulting Group, Inc. (LCG) has over 15 years of experience devising, implementing, and monitoring workforce & business diversity policies, community benefits programs and workforce development programming. The Project Coordinator position will support LCG’s ongoing projects and will interface with government agency staff, contractors, and community-based organizations in support of strategic D&I initiatives.
The Project Coordinator will manage activities and functions of a designated project to ensure the goals and objectives specified for the program are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, time limitations, funding parameters, and/or other specifications.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Awareness of issues and unique cultural nuances relative to local communities and stakeholder groups. High level of emotional intelligence, ethical standards, professional transparency, and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative and approachable demeanor. Experience with consensus building and ability to communicate clearly.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with individuals of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, abilities, motivations and/or backgrounds in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Ability to evaluate issues and propose solutions or effective courses of action.
- Ability to adapt, establish and maintain effective working relationships with city agencies, officials and representatives of local and community-based agencies, organizations and interested groups.
- Experience developing and leading dialogues & trainings on topics related to racial and social equity.
- A demonstrated commitment to community engagement and community-building utilizing inclusive outreach and engagement practices.
- Ability to manage multiple and/or ongoing programs/projects and complete tasks with limited supervision
Examples of Duties:
(May vary depending upon client assignment)
- Assist with coordinating community engagement meetings (includes scheduling events, coordinating presentation, handing out materials, managing registration process, placing advertisements, etc.).
- Support meeting facilitation and training workshops inclusive of pre meeting surveys and assessments, and post meeting surveys
- Conduct client interviews, assist with transcription, assist with raw data, assist with assessment report drafting and formatting
- Cultivate and actively maintain positive and effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, including policy makers, community stakeholders, and larger city community.
- Collaborate with client staff that are responsible for oversight of agency programs.
- Monitor program metrics and key performance indictors to track, assess and report on the effectiveness of strategies for existing and new programs.
- Prepare periodic reports, meeting minutes, presentations, and other documentation and maintain records of program activities, progress, and other recommendations to present to executive leadership, employment partners and commissions. May also include developing and distributing project specific newsletters, flyers, and social media postings.
- General administrative tasks, including but not limited to maintaining calendars, setting meetings, taking minutes, basic project follow-up tasks, phone calls, production of marketing collateral, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field ; AND two years project administrative/coordinator experience; OR six years of progressively responsible project administrative/coordination experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Excellent computer skills including but not limited to: Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and database management. Knowledge of use of social media campaigns (i.e., Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube), online event registrations (Eventzilla, Eventbrite, etc.), Customer Relationship Management tools (i.e., Constant Contact, Mailchimp), and graphic design platforms (Canva, Adobe Photoshop).
- Ability to travel to clients within the San Francisco Bay Area
- Combination of virtual and in-person activities
- Bilingual preferred; ability to read, write and speak Spanish fluently
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to: Andrea Lowe, firstname.lastname@example.org